While Veterans day is a day to honor all Veterans, there are two who I especially wish to honor Louis Radlof and Clarence Radloff.
Louis Radlof was killed in action sometime between 1045 and 1055 on the 11th of November 1918... 15 to 5 minutes before the war to end all wars ended.
Louis Radlof, PVT, serial number 4005514, killed in action at the age 24 years, 6 months, 16 days after serving 3 months, 17 days in the U.S. Army.
Clarence served in WWI in a Trench Mortar Battalion and while he returned home, he passed away at the age of 32, possibly from service connected medical conditions.
Their story as we know it today: Louis and Clarence Radloff
- Louis Radlof - Army
- Clarence Radlof - Army
- Louis Radloff - Marines (son)
Cold War / Vietnam era
- Charles Radloff - AF (son)
- Robert (Bob) Radloff - Navy (grandson)
- Stephen Radloff - AF (grandson)
- Michael Ludens - Marines (grandson)
- Neil Gross - Army (grandson)
Iraq / Afghanistan / Post 9/11 era
- Andrew Radloff - AF (great-grandson)
- Nicholas Radloff - AF (great-grandson)